Intelligent Lighting Controls for Commercial Buildings

0

Recent studies have shown that 17.5% of global electricity consumption goes to lighting. This is a significant figure relating to energy efficiency and only a small fraction of existing buildings also feature intelligent lighting control allows you to control the amount of energy used by lighting – they rely only on the light timer or on/off switch to control light.

Advances in wireless technologies and computer networks-system can now do for intelligent lighting controls in combination with smart-grid applications and centralized energy management systems. With the growing green consciousness driven by the need to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, commercial builders, Dating in the inclusion of intelligent light control and to offer passengers more control over lighting.

A basic understanding of the Intelligent light control

React develops through standard features manual on/off switches, intelligent lighting controls, which have the ability to make real relationships in a certain area, or under construction. “Intelligence” in the sense of these controllers, if the person is present and how much artificial light is needed in this area and adapt the lighting accordingly.

This intelligent control system can greatly reduce to improve building energy performance-lighting and significantly reduce energy consumption and create light and hence energy costs by as much as 50 to 70 percent. In this economy, developers can implement, the return on investment from their initial installation costs in less than 3 years.

Intelligent lighting control systems can be integrated with advanced hardware and software control systems, giving facility managers the best features of energy management and buildings tenants the option of controlling the light level directly in their own workspaces directly from their desktop computers.

Trends for commercial building

Intelligent lighting market will grow to expect a positive growth rate in the next period after market analysts at Pike Research, who had forecast sales around the world, with $1.3 billion to $2.6 billion in 2016. In the same period, the achievements of the scientific-research company also predicted market growth, which at 3.5 million dollars.

These figures were obtained from in-depth study of 24 major players in this industry, taking into account different strategies of lighting control for various types of buildings in the five regions of the world.

In California, it will help the use of intelligent lighting systems can facilitate compliance with EPAct, title 24 of the California Code of Regulations, as well as qualify for a variety of local and Federal utility rebate programs. In addition, you can give to fittings built 18 points-a boost that are needed to qualify for Leadership in energy and environmental (LEED) certification.

In addition, the use of intelligent controllers for light commercial buildings, conducted through a nationwide initiative CALCTP or California Advanced lighting control training program. The program recently received a 2 year, $5 million grant from the U.S. Department of labor, keep the program up-to-date using the latest technology in lighting to better keep track of the following program objectives:

• Promotion of modern lighting control through the proper training and certification
• Therefore, economically to save energy and reduce peak demand and consumption
• 1600 graduates of the JATCs and the CCCS produce and train
• Development of the California smart grid through integration with the utilities of energy efficiency and demand-response programs
• To provide high quality training to the members of the working and trade organizations
• Develop new business models, through the training contract
• Develop incentive programs for builders to install lighting control systems
• Create ” green jobs for people from California

Market Outlook and Future trends

Pike Research predicts that the largest markets for intelligent lighting control is in the next period to focus on administrative and educational buildings. Other industries that require significant glance at the light space of the Department of health, hotels and restaurants, retail and installation industry. From this forecast of the market for intelligent lighting control, 73% could be associated, building reconstruction and modernization, while the remaining 27% will be integrated with new construction methods.

Share.

Leave A Reply